Lahore: The Lahore Development Authority (LDA) recently shared a checklist for potential buyers interested in purchasing plots in private housing schemes — with the authority further warning people to avoid purchasing plot files, according to a post shared on the authority’s official Facebook page on December 19.
The post openly advised buyers to purchase plots instead of property files, and to keep certain check points in mind when making a real estate purchase. As per the LDA checklist, buyers keen on purchasing plots in private housing schemes must adhere to the following steps:
- Seek official letter issued by the LDA granting NOC to the society
- Seek the LDA-approved copy of the society map
- Ensure that the chosen plot is located in the LDA-approved part of the society
- Ensure that the chosen plot hasn’t been mortgaged to the LDA
- Find out if the developer has procured an official document granting them permission to sell plots
- Ensure that the chosen project is not being investigated by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), or any other agency or court
Additionally, buyers have been advised to visit the LDA One-Window Cell to get more information on real estate developments or seek details on the above mentioned pointers. They can also visit the official website of the authority for further details: www.lda.gop.pk.