Islamabad: The Capital Development Authority (CDA) has collected PKR 40 million in tax revenue during July, news sources reported on August 11. The tax was collected under building plan approval, completion certificate issuance, commercial charges, and fines for non-conforming use of the property.
According to sources, the CDA has released tax statistics for the first month of the fiscal year 2022-23 and after a modification in the land-related procedure. The detailed breakdown of the revenue collected by various departments is as follows:
● PKR 2 million was collected by the building control directorate for issuing 20 completion certificates to residential buildings
● PKR 100,000 was collected from the issuance of a completion certificate for a commercial building.
● PKR 35 million was collected from the issuance of no-objection certificates (NOC)s for 38 commercial buildings
● PKR 2 million was collected by issuing NOCs to 55 residential buildings
● PKR 1.5 million was collected through fines imposed on the owners of two buildings for violating building by-laws