Islamabad: The Capital Development Authority (CDA) has decided to construct an eight-lane signal free expressway from the PWD underpass to GT Road T Chowk, news sources reported on April 27. The PKR 9 billion projects will be completed by CDA with its own resources on self-finance basis.
Under the project, an eight-lane road will be constructed from Kak Pul to Bhinder bridge. The CDA will award the project’s contract to only the state-owned construction firms instead of private firms under section 42 (F) of the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA). In this regard, the CDA has decided to invite bids from Frontier Works Organisation (FWO), National Logistic Cell (NLC), Railway Constructions Pakistan Limited (RC) and National Construction (NC) only.
In addition to this, the administration has also decided upon the following development projects:
- CDA will award a contract to build an underpass on Japan Road. A summary of the project will be tabled at the next board meeting.
- CDA has awarded a contract to build the road between PWD and Gulberg Greens to the FWO.
- CDA has also handed over construction work of the PKR 550 million Korang Bridge to the FWO. A private firm has completed about 50% of the work. The FWO will complete the remaining work in four months.
- CDA has also awarded NOC to DHA Rawalpindi for the construction of an interchange, the cost of which will be borne by DHA.
- FWO has also been awarded the PKR 2 billion Rawal Dam Chowk Flyover and Margalla Hills Flyover projects by the CDA. The project will be completed by September 30th. So far, 45 % of the work has been completed.