Lahore: Punjab Chief Minister (CM) Sardar Usman Buzdar on Wednesday approved the development of five projects for facilitating vehicular movement in the city, a news source reported. As per details, these initiatives include the construction of flyovers and underpasses in various areas of Lahore.
The CM had a meeting with Lahore Development Authority (LDA) Director General (DG) Muhammad Usman Muazzam and Vice Chairman (VC) LDA S M Imran in this regard and received a briefing on the scope of these mega projects. He directed the department to prepare the PC-1 for these projects and submit them for approval.
As per details, the civic agency plans to develop:
- A flyover that will run between the Railway Station and Ek Moriya Bridge
- Two 3-lane and 2-lane flyovers near the Niazi Chowk
- An improved traffic management plan for Firdous Market via an underpass (proposal)
- A flyover in the Barkat Market area
- A skyline flyover for liberty that will feature eateries and shops
Later, during a media briefing, the LDA VC said that the department would try to minimise the environmental impact of these constructions. He said that for every tree removed for the construction, four more will take its place. Moreover, he assured that the land acquisition process would be planned carefully to create least hassle for the public.