Islamabad: The Balochistan government has devised a comprehensive strategy to improve the roads infrastructure in the province, a news source reported. An official of the provincial government has stated that the said initiative aims to enhance the accessibility – for transportation – afforded to the people resident across Balochistan.
The official added that the government had assigned a budget of PKR 29.54 billion for the development of the communication sector (which covers this concern). He said that a figure of PKR 200 million had also been allocated for the construction of a road from Sohbatpur to Kashmore.
Furthermore, the official stressed on the fact that Balochistan needed an improved communication system following the development of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project in the region. He added that the provincial government had allocated funds for various development projects in this regard. Their details are as follows:
- PKR 2.191 billion for expansion and up-gradation of Notal-Gandawa road
- PKR 1 billion for a black top road from Turbat to Pasni
- PKR 203 million for construction of a fly-over over the Pakistan Air Force Base in Quetta
- PKR 900 million for constructing the Chaman-Makhter road
- PKR 1 billion for constructing the Dera Bugti-Sangila road as part of the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP)
- PKR 1 billion for construction of Hall Road Sibi
The government official stated that once these development projects are finished, they will help in enhancing the region’s roadways and cutting down on air pollution.