Karachi: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has released its Tax Directory Analysis (for the year ended June 30) that reveals the tax/revenue collected from various markets in the major cities of Pakistan, according to a news source published on September 19.
The Tax Directory Analysis revealed that ‘the centre of the economic hub’ Saddar Market in Karachi paid the highest amount of taxes in the country – PKR 77,177,558,945 was collected from 72,339 tax filers operational in the said market for the fiscal year (FY2018) that ended in June 2018.
Below are the details from other leading taxpaying markets in Karachi:
- Jodia Bazaar: PKR 3,059,924,445 was collected from 2,384 filers
- Market Estate Avenue: PKR 6,191,036,104 were collected from 774 filers
- The Forum: PKR 3,314,055,039 were collected from 202 filers
After Karachi, the Blue Area in Islamabad emerged as the second-highest taxpaying market in the country – with PKR 39,935,580,162 collected from 5,854 tax filers during FY 2017-18.
As for Lahore, below are the details of tax collected from various markets of the country:
- PKR 10,912,783,552 was collected from 17,800 registered taxpayers from Multan Road
- PKR 4,175,140,322 was collected from Raiwind Bazaar in Lahore
Additionally, the Tax Directory Analysis 2018 revealed that PKR 5,274,998,666 was collected in taxes from 10,417 tax filers in Karkhano Market of Peshawar.
Moreover, it was informed that the FBR has compiled the above data on basis of the registered addresses of filers and retail outlets have been reported according to the head office’s address.