Bahawalpur: Commissioner Bahawalpur Division Capt (retd) Muhammad Zafar Iqbal approved 48 development projects worth PKR 5 billion for the Bahawalpur division, according to news reports.
The commissioner remarked during a meeting of the Divisional Development Working Party (DDWP) that the government is committed to promoting economic growth and that a significant budget has been allocated for development projects in South Punjab. Deputy Commissioner Bahawalpur Irfan Ali Kathia, Deputy Commissioner Rahim Yarkhan, Deputy Commissioner Bahawalnagar Shafqatullah Mushtaq, and other administrative officials attended through a video link.
District Bahawalpur Highways Department approved 11 uplift projects of PKR 1.53 billion, while District Rahim Yar Khan Highways Department approved 34 projects worth PKR 3.39 billion. In addition, three development projects totaling PKR 204.5 million have been approved.
The following are the specifics of some of the development projects:
- 12.20 km long road for Mouza Sakhel Tehsil Ahmadpur Sharqiyah, at cost PKR 190 million.
- 3.73 km long road at Basti Dowla Tehsil Ahmadpur Sharqiyah.
- 4.44 km long road in Mehrabwala, at an estimated cost of PKR 769.97 million
- Construction and rehabilitation of 8.65 km long road from Jhangiwala to Mari Qasim Shah Tehsil Bahawalpur, at cost PKR 200 million
- PKR 179.986 million was approved for Shahpur Tehsil Hasilpur.