Lahore: The Lahore Development Authority (LDA) has requested an additional development budget of PKR 15 billion, totalling PKR 43.83 billion, for 30 new projects in the city, news sources reported. The LDA governing body will make the ultimate decision on the proposed budget for the fiscal year 2021-2022 (FY22).
The authority plans to launch 30 new development and road infrastructure projects in the city; a breakdown of the projects and their projected budgets is as follows:
• The construction of Firozpur Road to Main Boulevard Gulberg III has been allocated PKR 180.1 million.
• The repair and improvement of the Gulshan-e-Ravi T-junction is estimated to cost PKR 350.6 million.
• PKR 750.35 million is allocated for the redevelopment of the Babu-Sabu interchange
• The development of a road from Harbanspura to the BRB Canal has been budgeted at PKR 2.8 billion.
• PKR 1.95 billion is allocated for the construction of a signal-free corridor between Barkat Market and Bhekewal Mor.
• PKR 300 million has been allocated for the construction of a dual-lane road from Khaira Distributary to Gujjar Colony.
• Similarly, PKR 4.5 billion has been set aside for the dualization of the road connecting Bedian Road Interchange and Heer Village.
The budget also includes funding for the Shahkam flyover, Sheranwala flyover, and Gulab Devi underpass projects in the coming fiscal year.