Karachi: Citizens have donated PKR 3 billion to Sindh’s Corona Emergency Relief Fund – till April 1 – with more on the way, a news source reported.
As per the publication, Sindh’s Information Minister Syed Nasir Hussain Shah informed about the contributions to the relief fund. He said that the government had also made deductions in the salaries of government employees. He said that members of the Sindh Assembly, including legislators from various parties, had contributed their one month’s salaries to the relief fund.
Shah said that private donors had also donated over PKR 40 million to the relief fund. He revealed that the Sindh government would inform the public about collections in the relief fund and their expenditure on endeavours to combat the novel coronavirus outbreak, and added that a committee of prominent personalities had been established to guarantee the transparent and just utility of the relief fund.
In a separate proceeding, the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) decided to establish a relief fund to assist the families impacted by the coronavirus lockdown.