Lahore: The Federal Government of Pakistan has decided to launch several projects to promote the tourism industry and increase the sector’s revenue generation, according to a news source published today (July 9). The government also expects to receive better results by introducing relaxations in the visa policy.
In order to reap fruits from the planned ‘tourism promotion’ projects, the Tourism Development Corporation of Pakistan (TDCP) will also play its part by providing better hospitality services to both the international and local tourists.
Some of the projects planned to attract local and international tourists to the country are as follows:
- Double Decker Bus Service between Rawalpindi and Islamabad
- Improvements in Lal Suhanra Resort, Bahawalpur
- Establishment of a food street in Hiran Minar, Sheikhupura
- Increased water sports facilities in Soan Valley
- Exploration and promotion of recreational activities in Kotli Sattian, Koh-e-Suleman, Changa Manga, Darabi Lake, Kallar Kahar, Nankana Sahib, Chakwal, Cholistan, Khajot and Chinot