Rawalpindi: The Punjab government has earmarked PKR 24 billion for numerous megaprojects in Rawalpindi In the provincial budget for the fiscal year 2021-22, according to media reports.
Following are the details about the megaprojects in Rawalpindi:
- A total of PKR 16 billion would be made available for different projects in the Rawalpindi region, including a modern graveyard, Ring Road, and Kohsar University.
- PTI MNA Sheikh Rashid Shafique told Dawn that
- Funds will be reserved for the 57km gas supply line in Murree and the 38km gas supply line in Rawalpindi.
- A total of PKR 5 billion has been set aside for the Dadocha Dam, which would provide 35 million gallons of water to Rawalpindi and its neighbouring regions. The Frontier Works Organization (FWO) is developing the project, which will increase tourism while enhancing the area’s ecosystem and green cover.
- Construction of Leh Expressway was put on hold because of lack of funds. However, as per another source, PKR 65 billion has been reserved for resuming work on Leh Expressway project in next year’s ADP.
- The Ring Road project will be built from GT Road to Thalian Motorway using the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model and will be overseen by the Punjab Ring Road Authority (PRRA).
January 5, 2015
January 31, 2020