Lahore: The online registration process for the Naya Pakistan Housing Programme (NPHP) will expire in four days – on October 15, a news source reported. As per officials, 1.2 million people have registered themselves for the low-cost housing scheme through the government’s sahulat centres, as well as the website of the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA).
According to a NADRA representative, 76% of the applicants are men, while the remaining 24% are women. More than 477,330 applicants hail from Punjab; 109,475 from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa; 2065 from the former FATA region; 130,981 from Sindh; 248,424 from Islamabad; 13,984 from Gilgit-Baltistan; 79,218 from Balochistan, and 9,813 from Azad Jammu & Kashmir.
Among the districts, the highest number of registrations (248,424) were recorded in Islamabad. Faisalabad earned the second spot with 106,371 registrations. Moreover, 101,483 people registered from Lahore, 72,072 registered from Quetta and 29,571 registered from Karachi.
The online registration process will continue till October 15 and any Pakistani NIC/NICOP holder can register after paying PKR 250 at the e-sahulat centres or through online payment methods.